Logo

Steering

jay1216

"120 force with rack n pinion

"120 force with rack n pinion steering pulls hard to the right constantly. WOT trim up as far as i like it to be still pulls hard to the right. I think the prop is too small cause at wot rpms is at 6000 and only going bout 40, way to many rpms. Could the prop mess with the steering? Or can i adjust somehow please help."

Jason - just above the prop th

Jason - just above the prop the should be an adjustable tab. It needs to be losened - and move to the left - sounds like quite a bit.

My 75 HP has quite a bit of right bite prior to being on plane.

Props have a pitch to them - not really a size issue. A prop with a pitch of 17 will move the boat 17 inches for each revolution. So I would guess you are needing a prop with more pitch. The rpm's aren't really determined by the prop - but the MPH's to RPM's would be.

"Had those motors do that at t

"Had those motors do that at the extent of the trim tab and fixed it with a "cupped" prop. You do need to go 4" bigger to pull that RPM down.(either dia. or bite)

You might check the hull and the way the motor is mounted. If motor is "Tilted", you can get that, and if one side of the hull is not flat (trailer damage) it will pull."

"what u mean like the hull bei

"what u mean like the hull being pushed in from the trailer bunks? The prop doesnt have any numbers on it or anything quess i need to take it off and see what picth it is. Read a post and said the prop could be bad. when im wot it feels like something is slipping for split sec. but only does at wot. Really cant tell what it is Moter runs real good hole shot low speed on top end. But then again dont know about the speedo, was goin pretty good looked at the speed and it said i was going only ten mph. next time im taking my gps. This is probaly a stupid ? How do You get the prop off and what size is that nut Im a newbie but i learn fast lol Thanks for the info guys I will check on those suggestions you guys made."

oh one more ? the boat is 18 f

oh one more ? the boat is 18 foot fish&ski with a 120 force it weighs 1750# What would be the best pitch for this setup Thnx

The prop pitch is decided by t

The prop pitch is decided by the wot RPM's. Get one that holds it down to 5500.

Depending on the model- you may just have a plastic cone and alignment dowel holding the prop on. Also mark your prop from the hub to the blades so you can tell if it has a good hub. If it has a nut it will probably be 1-1/16th" But an adjustable wrench and 2x4 to stop rotation should get it. There not supposed to be on real tight.

Back