Logo

Help with sneezing DT85

jeff494

"I need help in the worst way.

"I need help in the worst way. I have a 1993 DT85 on a 19' deck boat. Of course the problem dose not happen when being run on the muffs. In the water under load and from about 2000rpms up the motor will sneeze about every three seconds. It idles fine and if it is down on power its not much. What I have done is started with the fuel line and bulb, I checked the line and bulb for leaks and the bulb stays firm when running. I pulled the fuel pump and checked it for damage and debris. I pulled the carbs, soaked them in carb cleaner and blew them out. I reassembled them and inspected the reeds before reinstalling them. My fuel mixture is manual so I know it is not a bad injection system. I cant get a good plug read because I end up having to idle to go anywhere on the lake and darken my plugs. I have installed new plugs and inspected the caps for corrosion. The problem is not a skip it is a hard sneeze. In the boat it feels like the motor hits something football sized every 3 or 4 seconds."

Back