Logo

Gas Treatment

What is shutting down my 90 HP

What is shutting down my 90 HP Tohatsu from 4500 rpm to zero while sounding the alarm at the remote? It will start right up again and sometimes run at 3000 rpm max.If I wait a few minutes It will go back to 4 or 5K rpm and do it all over again.
I have ordered an impeller and hope that is the problem. Any Ideas? Thanks Capt. rhd

"First time on one of these fo

"First time on one of these forums. I think I screwed up by not responding to Jim's gas problem.
If you use HEET for a two stroke, make sure you use the red bottle, not the yellow."

"Hey no problem, check your wa

"Hey no problem, check your water intakes as my 120 was doing simular thing turns out the intakes were plugging up with algy. Another thing that can cause your issue is low oil so the on board computer reduces the RPM's to protect the engine. Are you getting a good water discharge stream or as Guru say's "does it look like a 40yr old peeing with prostate problems"lol. Some things you check anyway"

"No, there is no additive that

"No, there is no additive that will clean a fuel system. However, starting with a clean fuel system, you can use all those additives as a preventive to keep it from becoming dirty."

"I would say it might have a l

"I would say it might have a little prostate trouble. I hope the new water pump kit will help that problem. It has an oil injection system and oil is topped off. I read that you can regulate the water pressure sensor, but I can't seem to find out where to adjust it. I will examine the water intake. Thanks"

Back