Logo

06 Yamaha idles rough bogs down and wonbt run in gear

jere

"From reading other posts,I su

"From reading other posts,I suspect water in the gas. The motor hasn't been run in about a year. The Sea pro boat has a built in fuel tank which was draied as much as possible, the last time it was used. The fuel line was also disconnected and the gas run out of the carbs. Does anyone have any suggestions, especially about how to get the water out of the built in gas tank? I forgot to add, it is a 90hp two stroke."

"Water in built-in/under deck

"Water in built-in/under deck tanks can be a real problem since most have no drains. need to pump water out of tank, add fuel/water seperator,one with clear plastic drain bowl would be good since you know there's water in the system. drain carbs often with drain plugs until clear. fill tank full with fresh gas with heavy Seafoam or Stabil, check and drain seperator often until clear. have your dirty carbs cleaned before you do this. if this works, then you may not have to cut your deck to remove/clean/replace tank. Good Luck!"

"Now I'm thinking it might

"Now I'm thinking it might just be that the carbs need cleaning. Not sure if this is a valid test, but I filled 3, 12 oz water bottles with gas directly from the fuel line and allowed the bottles to sit for several hours in a cool place. When I checked them, there was no sign of water having settled to the bottom, which I believe should have happened if there was significant water in the gas."

I had the same problem with my

I had the same problem with my 225 four stroke. I tried a product called Gas-Shok made by USA Filters. I mixed 1 small bottle with 40 gal of fuel (twice the normal dosage) and took the boat out and ran it. I could tell the difference right away. Its takes care of the water and alcohol in the fuel plus it cleans the tank and carbs. I did change the water seperating filter after running about half the fuel out. I have put 2 hours on the motor after last filter change without a single problem. I hope this helps. Just google Gas-Shok and you can find out where to get it.

Back