Logo

Cap pressure rating for 318 heat exchanger

jeffsboat

Contributing Member
"What replacement pressure cap

"What replacement pressure cap should I purchase for a 1978 chrysler 318 heat exchanger? The old one is 15lb, but I can remember seeing a note for a 7lb rated cap."

I just purchased a 7lb cap to

I just purchased a 7lb cap to replace the 15lb. I am now ready for another round of testing and repairs this weekend. Thanks for all the advice. I will let everyone know how the engine block test goes with the HC sensitive fluid.

"Jeff I have a 318 fresh water

"Jeff I have a 318 fresh water cooled 1973 chrysler the pressure cap seems loose.Should I replace it?Did not put in water this year,but ran engine,I saw some antifreeze on motor.Checked tank it's a little low. Thanks Pat"

"If you have that original exp

"If you have that original expansion tank where the cap goes on ,it has a brass or bronze piece with the hose nipple, mine was loose from turning the cap on and off and had to JB weld the brass piece back to the alum. exp tank make sure u grind it good with a dremel wire wheel then mix some jb weld and apply to the braas piece all around and set it back in place and fill in around the sides let dry in the sun might have to do some on the gasket mating surface where t stat and intake meet"

Back