Logo

Indmar Identification

gjones336

I am looking at an '01 Mas

I am looking at an '01 Mastercraft X30. The owner is telling me that when he bought the boat in '06 the dealer had just put a new Indmar 350CI / 350HP crate motor in it due to the previous owner not winterizing it properly. How can I verify that the engine truly is an Indmar crate engine and not a GM 350 that someone had remanned? Are there any identification tags that will give this away?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Garrett

"If it's a crate motor, it

"If it's a crate motor, it will have a tag on teh oil pan with an ICxxxxxx number. The I stands for Indmar and the C stands for Chevrolet motor. It would start with if it's a Ford. Look under the valve covers and on the rear of the block. If you don't see anything, find out who the dealer is and call them- they should have documentation for the purchase/install of this motor. Also, since I can't see a dealer keeping a motor in stock, if you find out who the dealer is, you can contact Indmar and ask if they sold any crate motors to this dealer recently. You can also go to www.tmcowners.com and look for a member called EngineNut- he works for Indmar."

Back