Logo

1999 honda bf25 high rev no power above idle

swansmy1

"This problem started after ru

"This problem started after running perfect for a year and a half that i have owned boat and motor.running at full throttle it all of a sudden revs high and sounds like cavitation or like it might be in neutral. I immediately back off the throttle and try easing it up to plane and just past idle same thing happens. Ive pulled the prop everything looks and feels good. replaced plugs, oil, lower unit oil, new gas and fuel filters and same deal will throttle little fster than idle but any push and it just revs up. Now when i run it in reverse it doesn't seem to have a problem
I love my boat but really can't afford to spend a whole lot of money these days. So please any suggestions I might be able to try with my seloc manual and a friend that is mechanically inclined would be greatly appreciated !!!!!"

"You may already have fixed th

"You may already have fixed this problem...If you have a spare prop, you should change the prop. You could have a spun hub... Since you have a repair manual... then check the shift linkage to be sure that nothing has come loose and slipped. Also check your gear lube for any metal shavings. Next step it to pull apart and inspect. Follow the manual."

Back