Logo

1987 50L and Cobra IO Back in Service help

knuckle47

Advanced Contributor
"Hi Gang...

My last 3 years

"Hi Gang...

My last 3 years have been Crusader driven and I have spent MANY hours over in the Crusader forum and have those 454's running so sweet... The help I have received here at marineengine.com has been priceless. This week I am back to the Bayliner 2550 Cierra w/ a 5.0L eninge. The last 3 years she has sat waiting for some use and this weekend I hope to do just that.

So FAR: I have prepped everything to get her started and with 2 new batteries, she did so on Sunday EASILY. I have replaced the breaker points ign. with the Pertronix unit and the CDI shift module. This was really like a simple plug and play thing it was just a few mounting bolts. I am about 45 miles from where the boat will be splashed and do not have information about a CAP, ROTOR, PLUGS, Spin On OIL and FUEL filter numbers to pick up for next week. I am also going to replace the water pump impeller inside the metal cage in the outdrive....Does some one have any numbers or suggestion as to where to get them without having to go make that 90 mile round trip?

One more thing: Those drain/fill screws on the I/O are NOT coming out. I read about a suggestion to crack them or drill them and use an easyout? This true?
Thanks...Al"

Parts are probably available r

Parts are probably available right here on this site but not knowing your year model etc. it's hard to look up.
Have you tried a impact screwdriver on the plugs?

"Thanks Chuck,

I am not sur

"Thanks Chuck,

I am not sure about the cap but it IS a screw on side base not a snap...That much I remember. As for the impact driver...No Luck"

Back