Logo

Honda 225 alarm

lowcountry

"Had my alarm go off yesterday

"Had my alarm go off yesterday. After reading some post I have checked the pee temperature after running the engine for around 10 minutes. The water during operation does not feel hot. Turned the engine off and collected the remaining water, temp was between 160 and 170. I am getting a good solid stream out of the pee hole. After sitting all night cranked the engine today and the alarm immediately started up again. I would think that if the engine was overheating the alarm would not come on right away. Would a bad o2 sensor cause the alarm to start up right away? I am planning on going ahead and replace waterpump but I will need to run the boat about 20 minutes to get to the nearest landing to pull out. Any help would on diagnosing the problem would be much appreciated.
Thanks"

The problem ended up being wat

The problem ended up being water in the fuel. Drained water from fuel water seperator and removed fuel water filter from engine.

"Paul,

It's a good idea

"Paul,

It's a good idea to install a seperate Racor fuel-water seperator between your tank and the engine. That will capture almost all of the water and gunk, preventing this problem from occuring again, and it is easily drained."

"}}}I can say it works great,

"}}}I can say it works great, the installation of water filters just before the engine helpful"

Back