Logo

8V92 Naturals Smoking Oil

roto

"Hi I have twin 8v92 naturals

"Hi I have twin 8v92 naturals in my boat. Always serviced past 5 years since I owned it.

I have an oil consumption problem and visible oil smoke on the eport engine. Ive taken the blower cover off and the blower seals are ok. Services the blower check valves. Injectors have all been replaced.

Engine seems to go fine and start fine. I can see a whisp of blue smoke at idle and some oil smoke when I go up onto the plane. Then it seems to clear. But I do have to add oil quite regulalry. Oil analysis samples over hte past few years are normal.

Whats a best case scenario for the cause and a worse case? Whats involved in trying to find the cause and would any oil additives possibly solve the issue? (Ie sticking valves or lifters)

Regards,

Scott."

"to check the blower you need

"to check the blower you need to remove blower intake hsg,then bolt the screen on top and start engine then with a flash lite look at the blower end plates to see if oil is comeing out. thats ok check the air box drain tubes comeing out of cyl block on each side see if air is comeing out and or oil.there should be lots of air comeing if not remove a open up. as for oil there should be some drips comeing out."

Back