Logo

CanaVenture with OMC 400 Questions

ianjadkin

"Hi all,

I am a new member

"Hi all,

I am a new member and a new boat owner. I was given a free CanaVenture with a OMC 400 series leg on it. The only info I know about the boat is that it has somesort of GM 4cyl I think it is a 3.0L casting number on the block is 2770087, and a OMC 400 series leg which I am told means its pre 86. The bottom half of the leg is taken apart and I have a feeling some pieces are missing.

Does anyone know where I can find some info on the CanaVenture? Where I can find out some info on the engine as well? I want to know the displacment, HP, etc, and be able to buy the correct parts when needed for it. I lso want to run the serial # of the boat and find out the original data such as what year it is, length, engine, etc.

Does anyone know where I can find a leg or lower leg section for a resonable price in BC?

Thanks in advance,

Ian"

"Welcome Ian
The best place t

"Welcome Ian
The best place to start is get a manual.I also have a 400 ( 1985 ) I have a Seloc manual for mine. Some say they are not very good but it sure helped me. With the manual and the great help from the members on this site i am sure you can get it fixed and running. You can order the manual from this site WWW.Marineengine.com just look at the top right side.

Frank"

Back