Logo

Got it started and it wouldnbt shut off

"Craig,
The proper way to shu

"Craig,
The proper way to shut off a diesel is to cut off the fuel either through a cable operated, or electric fuel cutoff switch or lever. If that fails then cut off the air perhaps by covering the intake air filters.
Your ignition switch will cut off power to the alternator and other related electrical devices. None of those were intended to shut down the engine. You have not named your engine type so it is difficult to give you more precise info."

"There is a lever just behind

"There is a lever just behind the injection pump on my TAMD40, and when you press it (and hold) it cuts off the fuel flow and shortly afterwards engine stops."

"I need to get the engine type

"I need to get the engine type and post it to be sure. There was a button on the instrument panel that killed it once (slowly) by pressing it firmly for 30 seconds or so and then the engine quit, but then the next day for a test run, that button was useless. I have to believe that it was the shutoff you're talking about, but to be sure I need to get the engine type so that you all can help me to indentify the correct shutoff for normal operation."

Back