Logo

Ome cobra 43 liter water in cylinders

marineman43

Contributing Member
Engine has water in all cylind

Engine has water in all cylinders.

Could this be a blown head gasket or would you expect the motor has cracked from lack of winterizing?

Anyone know the steps to go through to find out?
Remove head gaskets maybe?

"pressure test the cooling sys

"pressure test the cooling system. Block off the hoses running to the manifolds (bolts and clamps), and feed 5 to 10 psi into the hose that normally supplies water from the sterndrive. Listen for the hissing.
Do not start disassembling!"

"Oil is milky gray and shootin

"Oil is milky gray and shooting out of the plugs when I turn it over.

Filled manafolds with water and no leaks from anywhere.

Filled intake hose to front water pump and water leaked out of dipstick only. ( Not good)
Also oil fill on valve cover was full of water.

any thoughts?

Thanks Mike
288825.jpg
288826.jpg
"

"I agree it dont look good. bl

"I agree it dont look good. block off the hose going to the exhaust manifolds, (doing this will eliminate water in the manifolds) and then fill with water again if it is still comeing out of the cylinders it's time to pull the engine. water will only get into the crankcase by either cracked exhaust manifols, cracked intake manifold or cracked engine block or cracked heads. from what you describe it seams that alot of water has gone through the engine and I would recomend pulling it do a complete tear down and rebuild if the block is not cracked. sorry for haveing to give you bad news good luck. Michael"

Here is the results.....

Wa

Here is the results.....

Water out of dipstick and water leaking from starbord side head and valve cover had water in it.

Not good So would it be a cracked block and blown head gasket?

the 4.3 liters are bad about c

the 4.3 liters are bad about cracking if not winterized properly. best thing to do is pull engine tear it down and inspect it. send the block to a machine shop and have it checked if you don't see any cracks. with the amount of water that has gone across the bearings they will need replaced and with that amount of water sitting on the cylinders they are most likely damaged so a complete rebuild should be done.

Back