Logo

33b ft Egg Harbor with 318

meadowbuild

I have had a number of these e

I have had a number of these engines in trucks and they have always been great. How do they stack up against the Crusaders as far as power and performance. The egg weighs about 15000 lbs. Are these enough juice and what should my burn per hour be?

"Pushing such a heavy boat wit

"Pushing such a heavy boat with such small motors, you'll need at least 3,200 rpms to keep it on plane. That means at least 12 GPH per motor.

Jeff"

"When I was growing up, my dad

"When I was growing up, my dad had a 1972 33 foot Egg Harbor with twin Chrysler 225's. The boat performed really well, but he sold it when gas hit 75 cents per gallon. I think Jeff has the right estimate on fuel consumption. I recall one trip from Cuttyhunk to the Cape Cod canal, when we were running home to get in ahead of an approaching front, and Dad still talks about burning over 25 GPH on that run. I have many great memories of this great boat. I don't think the gasket surfaces on the 318's are as robust as you would find on the Crusaders.
Chuck"

"Jeff,

I grew up in Plymout

"Jeff,

I grew up in Plymouth, but my dad kept his boat at Onset bay Marina, and later at Kingman's in Cataumet in the early to mid 1970's. Were you around the old stompin' ground at that time? I've been boating on Narragansett Bay and neighboring waters since the early '80s.

Chuck"

Onset Bay! Loverly spot. &#4

Onset Bay! Loverly spot. (Always wanted to visit that house on the little island.) I was still in Mass until the mid-70s and was there often. My brother is a shellfish warden who restocks the quahogs in Onset Bay and other places.

Small world..

Jeff

Back