Logo

Mercruiser 135 30 will not start

perchrb

"I have troubel starting the e

"I have troubel starting the engin, it just clicks when I turn the key. I started a couple of moths about, and normally I just try 4-5 times and then it starts, but now it want start at all. I have checked all wiring from battery to starter and even recharged the battery (just to be sure). The battery is has only been used for 3-4 months and it is 100 Amp battery, so it should not be the problem. I have also checked the starting engine and it seems fine. Does anyone have an idea what the problem can be?"

"slave solenoid, safety interl

"slave solenoid, safety interlock, key switch, or wiring in between is about all that is left."

"Thx for the tips! I will have

"Thx for the tips! I will have a look. I changed the safty interlock last year, so I guess the solenoid might be the problem. I was about to look at it, but I could not find out how to detatch it. Now screws there. It would be nice to see how its mounted but I haven't found any drawings matching the model on my engine. It's a 2004-2005 model. Strange that mercruiser does not have engine drawings available on there website. I looked at http://www.mercruiserparts.com, but could not fine any drawings that matched how solenoid looks on my engine."

Back