Logo

8hp Four stoke oil light

jonrod

"I noticed this week that the

"I noticed this week that the oil pressure light is not comming on at all. I didn't have time to really look at the problem, I assume I have oil pressure because I ran the engine all week, and not sure when the warning light quit working. The wiring diagram shows the wiring going through the cd unit. What is the best way to truoble shoot this problem and is the pressure switch easy to get to. What is the most likely to fail.     Thanks."

The oil light comes on when yo

The oil light comes on when you first start the engine and then goes off after a couple of seconds. If it's not coming on at all you would need to start trouble shooting the electrical system parts by using the test procedures as outlined in the service manual. The pressure switch is on the side of the block and is easy to get to.

"Thanks, I noticed on the prar

"Thanks, I noticed on the prarts list that they have an updated cd unit for this engine and thought maybe they had a problem with the original one since the oil light goes through the cd unit."

The original CD module had a c

The original CD module had a circuit that was set a little too low and sometimes it would set off the oil pressure light when the ground was marginal...You have the opposite problem.

Back