Logo

30 watrer from flywheel housing

doubletake65

"I have a 3.0 liter cobra OMC.

"I have a 3.0 liter cobra OMC. I was in the water @ 3500 rpm when the temp gauge went to 100. I shut the motor down looked in the motor and I had seen water in the bildge area. HMMMM, I started the motor and seen water comming from the flywheel housing. now I was wondering if there is a freeze out plug on the back side of the block."

"Could be, pretty sure those e

"Could be, pretty sure those engines have 2 on the side and one at the rear. You need to remove the drive and either slide the engine forward if you have room or remove it."

thanks Bob .This is on a 1988

thanks Bob .This is on a 1988 model boat with the 3.0 cobra . I see I have my work cut out for me. thanks for the input

"no matter what even if it&#39

"no matter what even if it's not the casting plug the motor got to come out to see where it's coming from.

If it's the plug your lucky. Couple of bucks and your back on the water but pay attention to the area around the plug, you can run it on a crate, thats what i call a stand. And is what i would do to see where the water is really coming from just put water to the motor when you run it."

"Good idea, we have even run t

"Good idea, we have even run them in the boat slid forward on the ribs. Torque can flip them over. So you can be on the safe side and remove the water inlet line and pressure the block with a garden hose. You get the same test with out the noise."

Back