Logo

318 exhaust manifolds

"I'm getting ready to star

"I'm getting ready to start putting the boat back together this weekend. I ordered Barr manifolds and I'm not sure if I need to use the copper tube. Now common sense would say that if the ones I remove have that I need to move them to the new ones. However, I just want to make sure. Any thoughts?"

"Remove them! I accidentally

"Remove them! I accidentally left one out and that side ran cooler, so I took the other three out.

Jeff"

Re: "Remove them! I accidentally

My new Barr manifold instructions say you MUST use the tubes on manifolds where the water enters from the bottom. On manifolds where the water enters from the front the tubes MUST NOT be used.
"Remove them! I accidentally left one out and that side ran cooler, so I took the other three out.

Jeff"

The OSCO tech guy said the same thing, but years of running without them has not been a problem (and I'm not the only one to leave them out).

Jeff

Ive never used them. Three different chrysler powered boats and five 318's all manifolds replaced by me with lots of trouble free hours

if your manifolds are filled from the bottom, you must use the copper tubes, it allows the entire manifold to fill with cold water, then passes it out through the small hole in the top of the gasket, mine are cold to the touch at 4000 rpm.

Back