Logo

Omc part number help

dguess

I may have found a upper gear

I may have found a upper gear case but the part number is different than mine. The part number I found is OMC 98450 I have 983487 I may be missing a number from the first one I will have to get back to the guy and see. mine is 3.8L 1985.
thanks

"Not sure what you are asking

"Not sure what you are asking here but the first PN 98450 is definitely missing a number because the OMC PN's are 6 digits, also PN 983487 does not seem to be a valid PN, it could be a sub assembly # not for service."

"The number 983487 is the mode

"The number 983487 is the model number on my gear case. the other number is the number that I was given of the rebuilt gear case. Mine is from a 3.8L I am not sure on the other I would like to know what size motor it was from, and will it work on my stern drive.."

"OK...I thought you were givin

"OK...I thought you were giving us a part number, my info doesn't go back far enough for your model # so probably need Hy Stat to check it for you and he may be able to figure out what 98450 is? My first guess is that the 984 is newer than yours but it's a guess, for example 984540 is a 1987 Cobra drive for a 2.3, good luck!"

Back