Logo

Chrysler 440

jhargrove

"Hoping someone has some thoug

"Hoping someone has some thoughts on this. The carb doesn't seem to be getting a consistent flow of gas. I took the line off to the carb and cranked her over- it squirts a good amount of gas a couple times and then the flow fizzles out. I blew compressed air into the tanks and confirmed that gas is getting to the fuel/water separator filter. I changed the filter and primed it by filling it with gas. I reconnected the filter and she turned right over and ran for an hour, no problem. Two days later, the same problem- she'll start and run for a few and then cut out- starved for gas (or so it seems to me). Any thoughts on the cause? I've gone out a few times with no problems. I come back into the marina and try to start her after a couple days and she gives out after a couple minutes. Thanks for any help"

".."Two days later, the sa

".."Two days later, the same problem- she'll start and run for a few and then cut out- starved for gas (or so it seems to me)."

I see that all the time, caused by evaporation of the fuel. Soon as the motor 'gets going' the motor will run fine. Is THIS the case, or does the motor continue to do this?

Jeff"

Back