Logo

Corroded muffler chrysler 360

bikini_bottom

"I have a Kingscraft Houseboat

"I have a Kingscraft Houseboat that had been retrofitted with 2 Chrysler 360's, each with dual exhausts. We discovered a leak in one and need to replace it. Currently, the mufflers are galvanized, and possibly custom made. Would anyone know if I can replace them with a manufactured muffler? I don't know where to start."

Look up fiberglass marine muff

Look up fiberglass marine mufflers on Google. I have them on my boat and they last forever.

My buddy has a 36 foot Kingscraft. Hell of a boat!

Jeff

"thanks for your help FastJeff

"thanks for your help FastJeff & Sandkicker, I've checked out both websites & called one of the companies directly. Now I am off to take some measurements!
Approx. how much did yours cost?"

"Pair of minis (20" lo

"Pair of minis (20" long) 3" dia (150 HP each, i.e. a pair for up to 300HP) were about $150 each. They have other lenghts in that diameter...also other diameters. The short length was a special order, the longer ones are stocked by many distributors and some retailers."

"Thanks so much for your help!

"Thanks so much for your help! I spoke to a technician at Centek.I sent them some sketches and photos. They will be making some adjustments to a Mini-max, which is all I have room for. If that works out ok, I'll probably replace them all. They are about $160 each."

"Well, originally they thought

"Well, originally they thought they would bend the pipes to fit into the space but now that I have sent a bunch of photos, they have concerns about the angle. Now they are considering the possibility of replacing my two mufflers with one larger muffler and moving the pipes to accomodate the spacing.
I tried to upload a photo but my files are too big & I can't figure out how to do it."

"There are any number of ways

"There are any number of ways to shrink a photo.
one way...

Use "Paint"
ASsuming a PC and a newer operating system...
Go to Programs
Accesories
Paint
Open the photo file
then... click on
stretch/skew
Enter 50% in both vert and horizontal

Save file as a "jpg".

If its still too big, just do it again."

"I think I've got it (

"I think I've got it (a miracle without the kid's help) Thanks!
288609.jpg
mufflers

Back