Logo

Hydrofoil will putting one on my 85 avanti 170 dli help me has the 25

cody8543

wanting to know if putting a h

wanting to know if putting a hydrofoil on my boat will help it proform better it has the 2.5 avanti 170 dli

Perform better ? Better than w

Perform better ? Better than what ?

Please you need to provide more information as the problem you are having and what you expect.

Thanks

thanks can you start me in the

thanks can you start me in the right direction on were to start on finding a 4 blade prop first boat new at all this an size do alot of riding an pull a 2 person tube

"Yep, Guy always has the right

"Yep, Guy always has the right answers! I can second that recommendation. I installed a foil on my boat the same time I went from a 3- to 4-blade prop.

I have since removed the foil, and it planes as quick as the same with the foil. Plus I have read somewhere the foil puts a lot of strain on the lower unit.

my 2-cents, jt"

The WOT for a 2.5L is 4200 to

The WOT for a 2.5L is 4200 to 4600 RPMs. 3000 to 3200 too low for the engine; the engine is lugging. I would change from the 21P on it to a 13P or 15P. Go to a prop shop and ask them what pitch they recommend and if you can test run a used one before you buy it.

"There is always mixed feeling

"There is always mixed feeling about the effectiveness of hydro-foils. They are basically like a small wing and they do pretty well what the wing on an airplane does, supply lift. If you have a boat that is pretty tail heavy and run in a lot of sloppy or choppy water they will lower your planing speed down. You can stay on a plane but not pound quite as hard. I originally installed mine to counteract a slight cavitation problem and boat tended to dolphin when trimmed out for maximum performance.Foil overcame both those conditions to a large degree.
My feeling is, they lower your planing speed so it`s feasible that they will help a boat that struggles to get on plane because of the added lift to the rear of the boat, but they are, by no means, a cure-all."

"im with barry and guy but the

"im with barry and guy but the rpms need to come up and what guy recomended will/should do it and if it does then plaining out should be no problem. imo if your boat is dolphin then you have the trim up at too low of rpms
2_cents.gif
"

installed new prop like everyo

installed new prop like everyone said do went from a 19 to a 15 total different boat nite an day rpms. are up were they need to be speed wise about same THANKS to everyone who helped me with this

Back