Logo

300 outdrive hydraulic help

slaymet69

"i have a 300 out drive on my

"i have a 300 out drive on my cv -223 ans i know it has a hydraulic leak. i was wondering how the hydraulics work and whare is the hydraulic pump,and how the system works.before i pull it apart.thanks"

pump is mounted inside on the

pump is mounted inside on the transom mount. it has hard lines running to the rams. I have Pumps and cylinders.. But I bet it is a cylinder issue.

"The hydro pump is mounted on

"The hydro pump is mounted on the inside of the transom housing.It is white and has an electric motor on top. The pump takes SAE 20, fill it to the desired level. Does the electrical system work? Where is the oil leaking from? The pump is listed on page 8 of your parts manual and also mentioned in the service manual. Have a read of them before you pull it apart."

"the electrical system doesnt

"the electrical system doesnt really work . i put 2 new batterys in to try and turn it over .but the cylinders are rustd.so all i got was a clicking noise for half a second. when i first put the key in,the guages fluttered but i could never get them to flutter again. so i am replacing the wire's.the oil is leaking from the hard lines on the outside,i dont think its the rams.also i have never read the manuels my boat never came with any. is there any flexible hydraulic lines to replace the hardlines with? o and when u say fill from the bottom do i use a pump top it off and put the drain plug back in as the oil is spilling out?"

"Hello boys, I have a 77 S-III

"Hello boys, I have a 77 S-III with an HA. I have been just putting leg horizontal and adding oil. The dipstick tells me when its full. Should I be adding from below or something?

Also, does anyone have a new exhaust boot? Dave?

Thanks, BVD"

"Hey fellas, sorry about the d

"Hey fellas, sorry about the dumb post on changing leg oil. I now KNOW its bottom to top. Changed her last night.

I was wondering if anyone knew whether a Volvo Penta old stock exhaust bellow will work in on a 300 Sterndrive. I found a couple here in town.

Thanks, BVD"

"Thanks Dave, I'm gonna ch

"Thanks Dave, I'm gonna check with the 'old' locals some more but I may need one. What is your best price?

FYI everyone, I replaced my leg oil with premium Mercury oil and the difference in shifting is phenomenal. I was having trouble shifting into reverse last summer and lately, but with the good thick oil in there, she shifts like butter. YOu can't even hear or feel it shift into reverse. I love Chrysler.

The SAE 90 from the original service manual is not the trick.

Bill"

Back