Logo

Mercruiser 30

tim_horton

"I AM HAVING PROBLEMS STARTING

"I AM HAVING PROBLEMS STARTING 3.0 AFTER A WARM ENGINE SETS A SHORT WHILE! I JUST INSTALLED A CARB
KIT (MERCARB) I HAVE CHECKED THE FLOAT LEVEL AND ITS OK. TO START THE ENGINE YOU MUST GO TO WOT
& GRIND ON IT FOR SERVRAL REVALUTIONS AFTER STARTED RUNS FINE, IDLES FINE, AND ACCELERATS FINE.
ALSO INSTALLED A WATER SEPARATOR IN LINE BEFORE THE FUEL PUMP IT HAS A SET OF PORTS TO USE LEFT SIDE OR RIGHT SIDE IN MY SET UP I USED (IN) PORT
ON ONE SIDE AND USED THE (OUT) PORT ON THE OTHER SIDE
ANY SUGGESTIONS
THANKS"

"Had exactly the same problem

"Had exactly the same problem 2 years ago. Installed a 1/4 inch insulating spacer between the carb and manifold to stop the carb getting too hot. Problem solved, been OK ever since."

"Is the spacer a factory or af

"Is the spacer a factory or aftermarket?
when I pulled the carb up it only has a 1/16
gasket, the engine is a 1993 model
thanks"

Merc. makes a thick gasket for

Merc. makes a thick gasket for the Mercab 2 barrell. I don't have the part number.

"OK
SPENT THE DAY ROUNDING UP

"OK
SPENT THE DAY ROUNDING UP A 1/4 GASKET FOR CARB
BASE, THOUGHT I WOULD CHECK ONE MORE TIME FOR
FUEL BLEED THAT MAKE HARD STARTING, THE FRONT
FENTURI WAS LEAKING INTO THE THROAT AFTER ENGINE WAS CUT OFF! QUESTION WHAT ARE ALL THE POSSIBLE CAUSES FOR THIS TO HAPPEN?

THANKS TIM"

"NO CAPS please.

Float set

"NO CAPS please.

Float set wrong, leaking from bad gasket, cracked carb body, elec. fuel pump relay stuck in on position and a drunk Leprechaun taking a leak."

"aftermarket blues!!!!!
I pul

"aftermarket blues!!!!!
I pulled the needle & seat set out and installed the old one and reinstalled, every thing perfect!
no drip, 750 idle, almost instant 4500 rpm
the contact angle in the needle & seat set must
have been wrong.
happy boating every one
I am heading to the lake in the morning

thanks Tim"

Glad for you Tim. You just ca

Glad for you Tim. You just can't beat OE parts for piece of mind; no back tracking required as in your case and countless others who have requested help.

Back