Logo

57l omc cobra cutout

inflictor

"engine cuts out between 1700-

"engine cuts out between 1700-2000 rpm. It shifts into forward and reverse with no problems. Going forward from idle if I slowly increase throttle everything is good until about 20% throttle were it will try to die, cough or sputter. I have to quickly push the throttle forward past this dead spot were it then runs great. I normally run 2800-3200 rpm for cruising and can go 4500 WOT 52mph with very smooth engine operation. All 8 sparkplugs are gapped at .35, I cleaned the flame arrestor and the 4bbl Holley carb butterflies are clean looking, the accelerator pump shoots two streams of gas instantly when the gas linkage moves. The distributor is electronic and I don't see a vacuum advance hose to it. I have plenty of power for tubers and skiers I just have to throttle fast past the dead spot. What do you think ?"

After reading several similar

After reading several similar problems posted here I turned each idle jet out an 1/8th turn counterclockwise and the problem is almost inperceptable now.

And i bet if you rebuilt the c

And i bet if you rebuilt the carb it would be
perfect. After the summer maybe you might want to do a compression and vacuum test and get back to us with the numbers.

Back