Logo

Nissan outboard stalls

worthen

"I have a 2006 Nissan 9.8 out

"I have a 2006 Nissan 9.8 out board that stalls at about 5 minuts of trolling. At restart it releases a large amount of white smoke like it loads up, running to rich. The plugs gapped, top-.033 heavy with black carbon, bottom plug gapped .0337? heavy carbon but igniter post white tipped. I regapped .034. Could it be timing? I have about 21 hrs on the motor. I took it to the Nissan dealer but it still does the sme thing, stall at trolling speed."

"I transport the engine in bac

"I transport the engine in back of my truck, laying on its cotrol arm on a padded slide out. I car top the the boat"

Probable cause for your proble

Probable cause for your problem...Oil ending up in the combustion chamber from transport or engine mounting combined with the idle probably being set a wee bit low for your load.

Even though you are laying down the engine correctly you are probably swinging the engine lower unit up as you take it into and out of the truck. Even though it's just for a second ot two the oil may be going to the wrong place.

"I didn't see my appreciat

"I didn't see my appreciation for your help, hope you got it if not many thanks for your help."

"I think you hit the nail on t

"I think you hit the nail on the head, I feel I'm doing just that when I lift the engine to the slide out, cause I'm short. I'm going to have to come up with a better way to get it in the truck. I would like to come up with some way to keep the engine upright. I will. Anyway thanks for your help I really appreciate it."

Back