Logo

75hp 1979 chrysler outboard

bvdpm1

"have the above engine that do

"have the above engine that does not run to potential. have rebuilt carb recently and cleaned fuel filter. starts easily but does not throttle up; rpm's from low to high in neutral but when in gear, it bogs down. even after rebuilding carb engine runs the same. any suggestions would be helpful"

"You might check the compressi

"You might check the compression and spark. That little engine would sound just as good on one cylinder as both.

You might touch the cylinder head (before it heats up) for each cylinder and see if one is running colder than the other one. That would be the one not giving it's all.

To absolutely check your carb, get a spray bottle with some mix gas in it and shoot some in the engine when it starts to die. If it dies quicker, it is flooding,(possible pin hole in the fuel pump) if it speeds up-- it's back to the carb."

"Did you use a carb kit when y

"Did you use a carb kit when you rebuilt the carbs? I have the same motor and have been unable to find a carb kit for that hp and year. Found kits for the 6, 8, and 9.9 but nothing for the 7.5. Would appreciate knowing where I might find them."

"found a carb kit at Linwood M

"found a carb kit at Linwood Marina. Don't know if they have two. It turned out to be a bad CDI unit; therefore, I was only getting spark for 1 cylinder. May want to check that also."

Back