Logo

Yamaha F225 Builds Fuel Pressure Kicks Spits at low RPM when Warm

outnumbered

"My 2004 F225 4-Stroke Yamaha

"My 2004 F225 4-Stroke Yamaha (300 hrs) runs great cold, at all RPMs. After warm up, it idles rough - sounds like it's missing. Wide open, runs great. At low RPM's it spits and kicks, sounds like it is loading up and coughing out.

When it is spitting and kicking at low RMPs, Fuel Pressure is bouncing from 40-45 PSIs, else it stays a solid 40. If you let the engine set a couple hours and go back out - it runs great again - until it warms up.

I have replaced the fuel, filters, and separator. Also the spark plugs.

Thoughts???"

Mount your primer bulb in a ve

Mount your primer bulb in a vertical position. I was having the same problem and replaced all of my fuel lines and filters. Didnt touch the pumps as they are $500 each. Talked to a Yamaha tech today and he told me that Yamaha recommends you mound it this way. I did it and the damn thing is running great. Try it...It doesnt cost anything and may fix the problem.

Re: Mount your primer bulb in a ve

Mount your primer bulb in a vertical position. I was having the same problem and replaced all of my fuel lines and filters. Didnt touch the pumps as they are $500 each. Talked to a Yamaha tech today and he told me that Yamaha recommends you mound it this way. I did it and the damn thing is running great. Try it...It doesnt cost anything and may fix the problem.
When u say vertical is that flow in at bottom and flow out at top?

Back