Logo

ENGINE SWAP QUESTION

the 3.0 in a 87 glasport with

the 3.0 in a 87 glasport with an alpha one and the 3.7 is out of a late 80's boat with an alpha one

"just about everything from th

"just about everything from the donor boat.
exaust system, fabricate a front mount in a new place,go crazy finding parts for the 470-488 motor, changing the gear ratio in the drive.1.98 to 1.84"

"3.7 inline 4 cylinder 224 c

"3.7 inline 4 cylinder 224 cid..fresh water cooled(heat exchanger)470- 170hp, 488 190hp"

"i have a 90 alpha 1 with the

"i have a 90 alpha 1 with the 175 hp chevrolet v-6. i had a distributor drive gear not seat properly and it broke about 5 teeth off during use, i flushed the engine with 4 gallons of solvent then checked cam gear, it seems fine, i am going to run a strong magnet on the oil pan and reinstall distributor and go.. question: is the drive gear for this mercruiser different than a regular automotive 4.3 v-6 version? i checked every one local and no one stocks just the gear for this 13 tooth style, i thought of running to my favorite pick your part and pulling a few to compare but i will try my forum first any advice guys?
thanks for all help!"

"much better off starting your

"much better off starting your own post, more will see it.
have you checked the V8 drive gears.Considering the dist turns the oil pump, could the oil pump have been jamming and stressing the gear teeth."

Back