Logo

Mercarb

dave5496

"I have a Mercarb without a ta

"I have a Mercarb without a tag I need to find out what kit I need to get. I broke it apart because Mercury told me that the carb numbers where on the insde of the float bowl, but did not find any. It has the numbers 807764N 18 1614 on the side but was told that they were only date codes any help would be great. the accelerater pump arm has a 90 if it were to help any. Thanks"

"Also I am rebuilding the car

"Also I am rebuilding the carb because I am having idling issues and some surging after looking at the venturi cluster, Please excuse the lame description I'll give but I am not a carb man and I don't know alot about them. there are 4 post that come off the bottom of the cluster one on the outside is plugged. Would this be my problem? and whats the best way to clean it out without pushing the plug further into the post"

Year? @ or 4 BBL? Engine?

Year? @ or 4 BBL? Engine?

Soak it overnight in carb cleaner; blow out w/ compressed air. If still not clean simmer the parts in a pot of water w/a few drops of Dawn on low heat for a few hours.

"soak in acetone overnight, cl

"soak in acetone overnight, clean with SOFT wire brush or a ordinary tooth brush,clean holes with a strand of copper wire carefully"

Already bought some berryman c

Already bought some berryman carb soak. is it ok to drop the whole carb in there all night I was thinking only two hours was safe. Would it be necessery to paint the carb when I am finished.

It will eat the paint but clea

It will eat the paint but clean the parts well.

Bt. Dr.: I never thought to use acetone; good one.

Back