Logo

don_gru

I all Hope your july 4 went we

I all Hope your july 4 went well I have quick thing to ask my boat is a 79 470 under power the steering is very hard to turn fast.I believe its time to change steering cable and unit have you any help witch unit would be easer . Cant afford power steering. thanks DON

By what you say the steering i

By what you say the steering is only hard under load.
If the steering is free when at idle or slow speeds... I doubt changing the helm or steering cable will make any difference in the hard turning under load.

When i bought boat it has one

When i bought boat it has one of those stabilizers on the lower unit i still have it on there are these things really any help.

"edit - nevermind - I can'

"edit - nevermind - I can't read
"

Just me but I'd remove the

Just me but I'd remove the "whale tale" or whatever it is you have on the drive and see if the boat handles any better. You may find the boat doesn't plane out as well...then again you may see no change at all in the way it planes out.

Don if your tab is facing stra

Don if your tab is facing straight try turning it a little at a time towards the starboard side and see if that helps im pretty sure that you turn it the way its pulling. anyone jump in and advise different if i have the formula wrong but that did help my stearing pull don

have a 85 avanti 170 dli will

have a 85 avanti 170 dli will a hydrofoil help my under powered boat plane an preform beter it has the 2.5

chris dont take this wrong but

chris dont take this wrong but its not good to post a question on someone else;s thread start a new thread/disscussion and you will get an almost imediate answer

Back