Logo

Trimtilt OMC

basi123

i put the trim up last night a

i put the trim up last night and woke up to check it in the morning and it was alll the way down can anyone tell me what this means?

"If there is no visible sign o

"If there is no visible sign of hydraulic fluid either on the ground from the rams or hose connections and there is nothing in the bilge under the pump reservoir then you could have air bypassing inside the system somewhere. could be hard to find and expensive to fix. If your worried about it dropping down while on the trailer you might want to consider something like this.

http://www.marineengine.com/products/accessory.php?in=3428936"

"I posted a similar note a wee

"I posted a similar note a week ago. While picking up some parts, I asked my local marine mechanic. he told me that this is a tough problem to diagnose and solve. It could be the cylinders, T/T unit or both. Hard to find and expensive to fix. He suggested the exact support that Bob references (which I already have). He said that it could be a small speck of dirt (or equiv) that's stuck in a check valve.

One note...he shared that, while it goes against his better sense (his words), he said that he's had some luck with holding the T/T button down for a second or two once the drive reaches the max height. We're programmed (at least I am) to release the button as soon as the T/T pump starts to strain. He seems to think that the extra second seems to "pack in" a bit more fluid and may help. I haven't tried it yet, so I'm not confirming or recommending it."

When checking and filling the

When checking and filling the trim and tilt with fluid tilt it all the way up or trim it all the way down?

"If you have a Cobra then you

"If you have a Cobra then you want to raise the drive all the way up first (if you can) obviously if your empty it's not going anywhere. But if it's down and there is lots of fluid in the system the fluid in the reservoir could be under pressure so when you remove the screw it can spray out, best to cover with a rag just in case. Anyway with the drive up you'll be ok, you want the fluid to be at the bottom of the fill hole."

If under pressure and runs out

If under pressure and runs out when the drive is up is that a problem or just let it stop running then check? should stop when at the proper level if it is at the bottom of fill hole?

"Yes that should be ok, just n

"Yes that should be ok, just not sure how they got so much fluid in there unless they pumped it in?, I just have a very small funnel with about 6 in of plastic hose on the end."

Back