Logo

Puzzled by shift bracket on 1989 58L

csasfai

"I posted a similar question a

"I posted a similar question and got some responses. Unfortunately, I'm still puzzled on where the shift bracket mounts on a 1989 5.8L in a Four Winns Horizon. Quick background: bought the boat as a project with engine removed; was actually given both a 350 and a 351; built a 351 and installed it in the boat last weekend; now trying to hook everything up. This is the first time I've been able to have the shift bracket near the engine and, for the life of me, I can't see where it should mount. The service manual I have does not have any photographs. The shift bracket has two bolt hole ears on a 45 degree angle and about 2.5 or 2.75 inches apart; I can't find two bolts on the engine with that spacing. Could I be missing some other bracket? Any help would be greatly appreciated and photographs of an actual installed part would be even better."

"Probably bolts to the two rea

"Probably bolts to the two rear intake manifold bolts, starboard side. May be an additional mounting hole that bolts to the back side of the cyl head.
This is how it would have bolted to the chevy. Not sure if the ford intake bolts are at an angle."

Back