Logo

Thinking of installing Primary 10 Micron Racor fuel filter

I came acros an interesting ar

I came acros an interesting article in Sport Fishing Mag about Ethanol in fuel and measures to take to help protect your engine. They reccomended installing a 10 Micron filter before the engine. I priced a Mini 10 micron spin on type set up with a clear fuel bowl for about $90 plus 2 additional barb fittings. Is it worth it? Has anyone done this already with the Ethanol threat looming. One question that came to mind is priming the filter after installing it. It does come with a vent plug and I'm sure you can fill the housing up with gas before installing it...after that I'm assuming all is well once the engine gets runnging.

Every boat owner should have a

Every boat owner should have a 10 micron filter with water separation bowl. I prime my Raycor by filling the filter with gas before installing it. A few pumps on the priming bulb and it is ready to run again.

I have seen a nice assembly &#

I have seen a nice assembly (Racor) in West Mamrine for $90 and Seirra makes one that is $70 but is a lot bigger and ways about 10 lbs. What brand(s) have you used.

Well I found a nice smaller Ra

Well I found a nice smaller Racor spin on 10 Micron for $72 plus shipping (Northeastmarineparts.com). West Marine wanted $90 and I still need 2 brass fittings and a short section of fuel hose. Even with shipping I am saving $ by getting it from this place. I bought a 14" piece of 1/4" fuel hose yesterday and I compared it to the fuel line going to the engine and it is a bit smaller than what Zuzuki uses. I'm guessing it is maybe a metric size fuel hose? It is just a hair bigger than 1/4". I'll try using what I bought and if I can't get full speed then I know what the problem is. Does anyone know what size hose Suzuki uses for a DF50? (this is the fuel line with the primer bulb on it that clip onto the engine)

Back