Logo

Canbt get it to turn over

finnbardalton

"OK, I'm a bit confused.

"OK, I'm a bit confused. I've had trouble getting my 2001 4 stroke 15hp started after sitting for 3 years (damn kids). Here's what I've done: Clean gas, cleaned the carb per Guru's recommendation in lots of other posts (submerging in carb clearer for 3 hrs and blowing it out) and put in a all new carb kit parts, clean oil and plugs. I've got spark. The plugs are wet with gas.

What next? Time to call in the pros or is there something else I can check?"

"Check for fire on the spark p

"Check for fire on the spark plugs. If you have fire, compression and fuel it will run...In the end it's probably still going to be the fuel system. I would clean the carb again."

"How do I get at the rubber bo

"How do I get at the rubber boot to take it off? I see the c clamp and have taken it off, then the 2 phillips head screws. I thought the whole thing would slide off but that's not the case."

"You need to remove the metal

"You need to remove the metal shaft that is inside the boot. Move the rubber boot down with your fingers, so you can see where that metal shaft is connected to the black plastic socket. I took a flat bladed screwdriver, and pry'ed the metal shaft out of the black plastic socket, and the metal shaft will slide out. Then your butterfly shaft will slide out."

Back