Logo

Edelbrock 1409 PCV DrillingTapping

bogdenz

Regular Contributor
"Hi all - I’m topping off a ne

"Hi all - I’m topping off a new long-block with a 1409. A search of the forum has answered almost all of my questions about the drilling/tapping specs for the PCV input. I also spoke with an Edelbrock tech but was left with a little doubt about his familiarity with the process. So, if those of you who’ve done this could set my mind at ease before I cut into this thing, I’d really appreciate it.

Looking into the existing hole in the front of the carb, it’s obvious that I’m drilling out the blocked end of that hole. However, my concern is gauging how far I’m drilling in order to open up that passage. Does this “wall” have a thickness that I should measure and mark on my drill bit or is it going to be extremely obviously once I’ve broken through (assuming I’m drilling slowly and cautiously)? I guess the same question would apply to the hole I’m drilling on the underside of the carb…..in front of and between the primary butterflies.

Thanks in advance for any guidance."

"Drill UP from the bottom firs

"Drill UP from the bottom first, about a 1/4 inch, with a 1/4 inch drill, then IN from the front with a 5/16 drill. Next comes tapping it out with the 1/8 NPT tap. Piece of cake! Done three myself.

Jeff"

Back