Logo

Ford Lehman 120 1967 Pencil Zincs

gb52

Please tell me how many Pencil

Please tell me how many Pencil Zincs are to be found on the 2714E Ford Lehman. I have found one so far. Thank you Dave

Your number of zincs may vary

Your number of zincs may vary depending on the mfg of the oil coolers. The main heat exchanger will have one typically on the port side near the end cap. Some engine oil and/or transmission oil coolers will also have a small pencil zinc.

Since most all Lehmans are fresh water cooled the block will not have zincs in the fresh water side of the system.

K

"The one I found is located on

"The one I found is located on the port side of the tubular shaped, horizontal metal part that runs right under the eshaust elbow at the top, aft section of the engine. Would this be an oil or transmission cooler? What is the main heat exchanger shaped like? Thanks again, Dave"

"That is the main heat exchang

"That is the main heat exchanger. The smaller tubular shaped coolers will be under the large one in back and/or on the stbd side just behind the seawater pump. The first one, engine oil, is typically directly behind the seawater pump. The transmission cooler is typically just under the main heat exchanger in back.

Engine and transmission coolers often do not have zincs.

K"

"I have discovered that a grou

"I have discovered that a group of very thin red wires come out of a bundle on the port side of my Ford Lehman 2714E. They are not attached to anything. On the side of the engine block on the port side there are a couple of protruding parts that sort of tee out and there are connections for wires that have broken off or been clipped off. I am wondering if these wires need to be reattached or if someone removed them or just left them there after replacing them with something else. Should those parts have wires connected to them, and, if so, what is their purpose and how can I determine which wire goes where. It does look as if they would reach and were once attached to the protruding parts missing wires."

Back