Logo

Thunderbolt IV versus Turn Key start ignition carburator

srazac

"Hello
I am in the process o

"Hello
I am in the process of replacing the carburator on a 2000 bayliner cierra, MCM 5.o liter, Thunderbolt IV ignition (SAE J 1223), 2 barrel carburator. I accidentally bought a turn key start(TKS) (SAE J1928) model on ebay. Before I attempt to return it , I wanted to see if they are interchangeable? The base and location of all hook ups look exactly the same. There is a difference in the wiring harness. Thought I would save some time rather than rebuilding the old one , which was leaking fuel into the engine.(not sure it could be re-built). Thanks for your help.

NEW- 5.0L CARBURATOR KIT
Includes All Assy to replace or repair your Carburator.Includes Turn Key Starting (TKS) offers Fuel Injection like convenience without the Fuel Injection Price! Turn Key Starting for Easy Starts Cold or Hot Every Time with no Chocking or Priming! Fits: 305 Ci Mercruiser 1999 - 2008 Years Replaces Mercury branded carb #3310-864942A01 2 BBL For serial #'s between OL619000 & OW300009 Part No. 865961A01 supercedes to 865961A02
287273.jpg
TKS carburator

"It'll work, just check on

"It'll work, just check on the wiring hook up. You may need to get pigtails for your wiring to connect to the TKS kit."

Back