Logo

Canbt drain all the engine oil from my 1987 454 mercruiser engine

kacz

I can't drain all the oil

I can't drain all the oil from my oil pan on my 87 454 mercruiser engine. I can't get that small 1/4 inch tube to go all the way into my oil pan this year. I am hitting something as the tube start to enter the pan. Never had trouble before. I change oil every 40 hours but this year I couldn't get the small tube in the pan even if I shave the end of the small plastic tube..can someone help....kacz

"If there is a threaded fittin

"If there is a threaded fitting on the tube, you pump out from there because it goes to the bottom of the pan."

bt Doctor I did use the thread

bt Doctor I did use the threaded fitting but only got 4.5 qts out. I did get to the drain plug and drain only a half a cup more out but before I drained any oil out the dip stick read full just like every year. that little plastic tube seems to be getting stuck right at the oil pan entrance....got any ideas

Twist it as you insert it. I

Twist it as you insert it. I don't see anything wrong if it siphoned out the oil using the threaded tube. The dipstick said full before you drained it. Okay; what's the problem?

the dip stick said full before

the dip stick said full before I started. It holds 7Qts I am not getting all the oil out with the treaded tube. I drained the engine for the third time and the oil still seems a little dirty. It means I not draining all the oil out. I did twist the tube aas I was pushing it in. what could be stopping it at the edge of the oil pan.....thank you

I still can't figure out h

I still can't figure out how to drain all the oil out. Or what can be stopping that 1/4 inch plastic tube from going in the dip stick tube. I got a closet hanger to go all the way to the bottom of the oil pan. the little tube gets stuck when it enter the oil pan and i am afraid I won't be able to pull it out. has anyone had this problem

Since you can reach the oil pa

Since you can reach the oil pan drain plug spend the money on a drain hose that you pull out thru the transom to drain the oil. Problem solved.

"I have changed oil three time

"I have changed oil three times, the orginal dip stick says full, but I still am only getting 4.5 qts out. where is the other 2 qts going. Any body have a good ans......"

How about the remote oil filte

How about the remote oil filter lines?
engine holds 7 MIMUS the one in the oil filter
that leaves 6 . 2 remote oil lines 3 ft long may use another Qt. 1/2 qt wet film in the engine.

the last time i changed my oil

the last time i changed my oil i went to the hardware store with the drain plug and fitted the oil pan with a ball vave and short pipe and when its time for an oil change i slide a 3foot clear hose on the pipe and open the valve and drain it thru the bilge hole i think i got 12 bucks in that rig and works fine

Back