Logo

Water leak

houcktownrocks

Just got my Mercruiser 140 I/O

Just got my Mercruiser 140 I/O in the water yesterday. We werent even in the water yet when I noticed a small drip or two coming from the top of the motor. Keep in mind that I am new to boats and do have some mechanical skills however I couldnt see under the hoses to see where the water was coming from. I figure the drip before the water was because the water that was in the motor from having tested the boat earlier with earmuffs. When we were in the water the drip continued. It was at the rate of about two drips per 10 to 20 seconds i would guess. How concened should i be the bilge pump didnt even come on after a couple hours on the water and it works fine. Any ideas where this may be coming from? Thanks in advance for any help.

"well if the leak was coming f

"well if the leak was coming from the port side, then could be crack in the block, loose water drain plug at the back/port side of the engine or from the bottom of the int/exh manifold."

"[b]"however I couldnt see

""however I couldnt see under the hoses to see where the water was coming from."

Ayuh,... So Move the hoses,+ Look..."

Back