Logo

Crossed slave solenoid lost all power help

tplummer

"sounded as if slave solenoid

"sounded as if slave solenoid waqs njust clicking so i tried to cross it and lost all elec power, lights and all. 2 problrms. is this a fuse link and if so where is it? just clicks when i try starting is this just the slave or possibly something else. compart5menbt to smalle to get to the starter all wires feel tight?"

tim explanation is a little fo

tim explanation is a little foggy do you still have clicking with power gone or that was prior simptoms? if you have no power at all now check the barrel plug breaker in the engine compartment should be ontop the motor near the rear red 50 amp also make motor and year would be very helpfull when you have troubles

"just clicks when i try st

"just clicks when i try starting is this just the slave or possibly something else."

Could be the starter solenoid. The slave solenoid energizes the starter solenoid which provides current to the starter.

When jumping the slave solenoid you briefly touch the top lugs and not the smaller terminals on the low front.

2000 searay with a 5.o 1st pr

2000 searay with a 5.o 1st problem was thec clicking noise. when we crossed the slave it shorted something out and we lost all power. theoriginal problem was the clicking noise that sounded like it was from the slave solenoid

Back