Logo

2007 125 hp screaming and hardly any power

jamzenelly

bought this engine in 2007 and

bought this engine in 2007 and it has been in the water twice for maybe 1 hr each time.. i went out on friday and the engine is screaming when i change gear and the bow is going really high...im a female and dont know much about mechanics but i know something is wrong..could it be that i mixed good gas with old gas ..when idle its fine and when moving really slow.

"Silly question but, you did p

"Silly question but, you did put the drive back down right? Get the prop checked out. Probably spinnig inside of itself. (the hub)"

"By screaming when changing ge

"By screaming when changing gears do you mean its more than 650 RPMs on the tachometer? What RPMs is it when changing gears?

Do you mean the engine revs in high RPMs in forward, the bow rises and the boat won't plane off to a level ride and increase speed? But the engine is revving high RPMs?"

"Ayuh,... Did you unhook the

"Ayuh,... Did you unhook the trailer from the Boat,..?? Or the Car,..??
lol.gif
"

"To begin the rule out process

"To begin the rule out process, I'd check the transmission fluid. If it's very low, the prop won't spin properly. I don't know about the screaming, but I'd start there. It's something that should be check at the beginning of the season anyway."

Back