Logo

What do I have

philme

"I just bought a boat and need

"I just bought a boat and need to fix a few things but I am not sure of what I have. It has a 4 cyl GM engine and Mercruiser Sterndrive. The previous owner told me it was 1977 model. It has a sticker on the port side of drive that says Mercruiser and serial # "4183937". On the starboard side of the drive is a sticker that says Mercruiser and "120/140". There is a tag on the rear of the block that says Mercruiser and serial # "4211603", also stamped on the engine block (just above fuel pump and to the rear of the distributor.) is the number "M11085RA". On the flame arrestor? is a Mercruiser tag with the serial number "4183937" (same as one on leg). There is also a sticker on the back of the boat that says "Mercruiser 140". After some research I was beginning to beleive that it was an "R" model sterndrive but that serial number range does not fit and there are some fundemental differences between what I have and the "R" model. One difference is that my drive has no trim/tilt guage sending unit on it, it is inside the boat and run by hydraulic lines from the tilt/trim pump plus the pump has no down solenoid. The trim limit switch is also different, mine is a switch mounted in the center of the transom mount? that is activated by the top of the drive hitting it when it is lifted up. Not sure but it may be that this all different because this boat is Canadian."

Back