Logo

Suzuki DT25C has no spark

rebelrooster

"Hello All
Obviously new to t

"Hello All
Obviously new to the board, and like most probelem led me to find you all. I just bought a boat with a DT25C. It's a 1997 model with remote controls. It has set for about 4 years prior to my buying it. The previous owner bought it new and cared for it well. It was running fine when parked. The owner passed away and I bought the boat from the wife. He had drained the carbs when it was stored. When I attempted to start the engine it would just spin. I cleaned the fuel filter, and fuel lines and determined that there was fuel to all carbs. I moved on to the plugs and pulled them. They didn't look bad and were just a little damp. I checked for spark and didn't find any. At this point I have just about reached the limit of my knowlege. Are there any suggestions about what I may check? Are there any common problems related to this engine? I'd like to get this on the water for the upcoming holiday and the local dealers are swamped. At the price of the parts, swaping isn't an option. I would appreciat any help. Thanks for reading my post. Tom"

Back