Logo

Merc Manuals

Bt Doctur

Silver Medal Contributor
"Considering Merc Manuals are

"Considering Merc Manuals are NLA online for free, do we now burn & share, or burn & sell?"

either way doctur it would be

either way doctur it would be nice to get them. someone and i still havent found out who sent me a dvd whith merc manuals 1thru 8 only info on the envelope was norway and it cost them 26 bucks in there money to send it. i put out a thread for that person to come foward so i could thank them and take care of it and never heard anything but is a valuble piece of info to me

"Burn & sell would be an e

"Burn & sell would be an easily enforced copyright infringement unless you got permission from Merc, and that seems unlikely. And selling stuff online is a hassle and costs money for an eCommerce website with digital content shopping cart, etc. Unless you've already got the capability, I think you'd be really sorry if you went down this road.

Burn & share is probably a technical infringement, but would probably not attract the lawyers if no money changes hands. But how would you share them? I suppose the easy way would be to put them on a website and post the links to a forum message. Think about writing good searchable text for them so others can find them easily.

(Disclaimer: I'm not a lawyer!!!!)"

"You would think after spendin

"You would think after spending all that money on a boat, all the manuals covering that boat would be included with the purchase."

you would think Doc but they t

you would think Doc but they think that if they make the manuals only availible to merc mechanics then we would have to use there shop. my take is if you have em and want to sell them then just sell the person two pencils for ex amount and throw in the manual as a gift with the pencils. more than one way to skin a merc

"Manuals and boats could easil

"Manuals and boats could easily be separated over the years. My boat was purchased from Starcraft in 1976. I bought it from the widow of the original owner a few years after his death. Even if the Merc manuals had been included originally, she would probably not have known about them and would not have passed them on to me. In fact, that is true of a few other manuals that I know he did get and she didn't pass on to me. And one of the radio antennas, and... :)"

I'd buy the two pencils if

I'd buy the two pencils if I hadn't already downloaded my manual while they were available.

"Is the backdoor closed? If so

"Is the backdoor closed? If so I guess it's a lucky thing I may have downloaded all of the manuals, even the ones I don't need."

"Weren't the manuals on th

"Weren't the manuals on this site? If so, I don't think we should be too hard on the people who are providing this excellent forum. They probably have their reasons."

"The forum didnt shut it down,

"The forum didnt shut it down,Mercruiser did.
Economy`s down so i guess they need more money."

"I could sure use a couple pen

"I could sure use a couple pencils.
happy.gif
"

"AS pointed out in an earlies

"AS pointed out in an earlies post, since the manuals say "Copyright...Mercruiser" the copyright laws would prevent a resale of the manuals any of us downloaded. Sharing a copy for free would probably escape their notice, but as also pointed out is still a technical violation.
Posting stuff copyrighted bu others on a website is universally a violation of the agreement you have with a website provider. ( No I'm not a lawyer, just spent lots of time researching copyright stuff on my own for past life work purposes)

The back door is shut and the "other back door" i.e. the "Wikki" one is now a link to an online order form.

On a totally unrelated subject... a friend of mine asked me how to send very large files via email, since his email provider limits the size of attachments. I used to have this problem a lot in a prior lifetime and the following is a link to a handy piece of free software.

www.topshareware.com/Split-Files-download-39540.htm"

Back