Logo

Honda BF 99 Sprockets with balance weights

redsetter

I am reassembling my engine an

I am reassembling my engine and cannot find out out how to align the two sprockets wheels that have balance weights built in. One is labeled A and one B. Lost detail of which goes which end and what the Dot should align with.

"You will need the cam belt an

"You will need the cam belt and flywheel on.
The flywheel -as directed- has a mark which puts it on tdc. Mine needs the starter off to see the mark. Use the right mark for TDC.(the left one is to check full advance) There is a dot on the cam wheel. It must line up exactly with the mark on the flywheel and the starter support. Slip the belt on and rotate once or twice around and see if every thing come up good. If you are 1/2 a tooth off due to belt wear, you will foul spark plugs.

I would down load "pilotart" manual. It is quite detailed, and if you ever have to do the lower, you will need the key to the magic symbols in side the gear box to get your shims right."

It is not the cam belt timing

It is not the cam belt timing that is the problem. Below the cam belt sprocket on the crank is a housing cover. Under that is another sprocket wheel with town sprockets driven from it. these two sprockets do not drive anything they have offset weights on them. You end up with a train of three sprocket running diagonally across the engine driven from the centre crank sprocket.

I am not familiar with that se

I am not familiar with that set up but it sounds like harmonic balancers. These will have like marks on them some where. Will research some of my material and try to get back with a better post.

Back