Logo

Warning buzzer

boosinger2000

"I have a Force 125, Today thi

"I have a Force 125, Today this buzzer went off after 5-10 min of idle. I observed only a small amount of water. Is this a sign of a bad water pump or temp switch? new to boating where is temp switch? waiting on SELOC manual to arrive to help me troubleshoot."

"You have an over temp problem

"You have an over temp problem and should not run for even a minute -should shut down and save the motor.

The most likely suspect is the water pump impeller.
If that is OK you will need to find out which gasket has failed.

Find all the pieces to the impeller, as a stray will come back to haunt you."

"Replaced the impeller, steady

"Replaced the impeller, steady flow of water. After about 15 min of on time, buzzer sounded, verified flow, steady and hot. Bad thermostat? anyone have a guess?"

"I would look at that thermost

"I would look at that thermostat (like remove it)and run again. Should be easy removal believe its under a small 4 bolt cover on the top of the power head.

If that doesn't do it, would suspect the exhaust cover or head gasket. Try a re-torque first.

One diagnostic trick similar to the fuel line trick was to put a clear line off a barb installed in the plug on top of the water jacket right behind the flywheel. It got a screwdriver slot in it. Fine threads.

You may get some bubbles but let it settle down and watch for a bit more than that."

"If that thermostat doesn'

"If that thermostat doesn't do it, I would suspect that the water pump pump plate is the wrong one. Some 125's used a 150/SD plate and the 150 gearcase, and I think it has to do with the poppit valve elimination after '86. The one with the 15/16" prop nut. This will raise the pressure to ~7 PSI at idle."

Back