Logo

1983 99 Model VWB 52299C

alwayslookn

"New to foums looking for some

"New to foums looking for some info on this motor 1983 9.9 seaking model VWB52299C.
What is the corect fuel mixture?
Where can I get a service and or operator manual?
Picked this motor up and started cold on one pull but it burning alot oil. Previous owner wasnt sure on fuel mixture. Motor ran smooth except for excess smoke, any thoughts? thank you"

"probably wrong fuel mix (

"probably wrong fuel mix (50/1)-- get good TCW-2 and fresh fuel. Make sure your throttle is opening correctly. Have a new water pump put in also.

Good for years of fun. Just bring along a rope with a knot for when the pop up starter quits. That was their weak link. When you go to start, engage the starter gear before you pull hard on the rope."

"Thank you William, Ill mix up

"Thank you William, Ill mix up some fresh fuel today and give it a try. The previuos owner just replaced the impeller, so i should be good there. Until I get a service manual i noticed where the fuel inlet line is, it goes to area that has a plate, then a return line back to the carb is this a fuel pump? or screen? just unsure until i get a service manual."

"I got some fresh fuel mixed u

"I got some fresh fuel mixed up finally and ran the motor, I am still getting excessive smoke. I did a compression check I have about 122 in both cylinders? Motor ran on idile about 15 minutes in that time period it cut out 3 times. It didnt stop running wasnt sure if it was a fuel hesitation or an electrical cut out. Any thoughts to where to look at first?"

There's no such thing as e

There's no such thing as excess smoke...
It just take some getting use too...lol

I'm no authority on anything 2-stroke but if you want to try a good oil that has a decarbonizer in it the Merc Quicksilver Plus did a noticeable job on my Sno-Runner both smoke and power wise.

"You might get some reduction

"You might get some reduction and smoother running if you adjust the idle mixture. The throttle pick up on that was critical also, you can get a leaner mixture if you have the throttle pick up a smidge (an industry term) sooner."

Back