Logo

Honda BF99 temp problem

ober

"I am having a problem with my

"I am having a problem with my Honda 2001 9.9. The temp alarm and light come on when the engine is left at idle for a couple of minutes, at higher power settings it does not come on. I have changed the impeller (old one was missing an arm) and installed a new thermostat. The water intake was also clear. There is a steady stream of water coming out the pee hole and it is luke warm. Any suggestions what to do next.

Dave"

"your sensor may be going out

"your sensor may be going out or you might have a blockage deeper in the engine than the pee-hole. I would go after that missing piece of impeller, first at the exhaust cover, then the thermostat, finally the cylinder head. It's in there somewhere.

But take the temp sensor and an ohm meter and put it in a pan of water on the stove with a thermometer. Make note of when it comes on and check with the book. You can do the same with the thermostat."

How do you replace a water pum

How do you replace a water pump impeller on a 9.9 honda out board engine?

Terrell

"It will be found at the lower

"It will be found at the lower end of the vertical driveshaft, just above the gearcase. Tricky parts on my BF100 are to disconnect top of shift shaft and make sure that water tube is aligned with lower intake tube of engine case on re-assembly.

Note the above warning about locating missing impeller arms.

You should use a Service or Shop Manual for your model engine; perhaps your local Library or the OnLine Service Manual linked from upper right column of this page.

Honda Shop Manuals are sold for download from this site:

[url=""]http://www.lings.com/lingsc...1&-session=Lings:4C01A09611a1103492KXkO2C76B1[/url]

You might get a free 29 MB PDF for BF9.9D from this site:

[url=""]http://novigrad.sitesled.com/honda.html[/url]

It is in English with East Europe subtitles and my system security often blocks connection to the site. When you can connect, they have Owner's Manual, Installation Manual and Honda Shop Manual (the 29 MB) for free download."

"Pretty simple. Just get under

"Pretty simple. Just get under the carb and pull the cross pin off the shift rod and un screw the eyelet- count the turns as this is the shift adjustment.

Remove the 4- 6mm bolts under the cavitation plate. Down it comes. There is a 2 piece drive line in there (old blue models) which you will need to grease and put back up the hole to the crank.

remove the bolts for the pump body but leave the black plastic piece towards the back- look it over for cracks as that will make the pump quit.

The pump slides on one of the 4 sided drive shaft faces, Spin clockwise with grease to install. Check the water tube for missing seals. They loved to stick to the tube and be pulled out of the water pump. Put it back and grease it and the tube. Stuff it back together and your done"

Back