Logo

Electronic conversion

trout_hawk

Wondering if the conversion ki

Wondering if the conversion kit supplied br marineenginge part# 18-5299 is compatable with the esa system I currently have the petronix conversion kit and i have installed the shift fix for the esa but my esa still does not work any advice would be of great help
Thanks
AH

Which Pertronix kit do you hav

Which Pertronix kit do you have? Ignitor 1 or 2? What coil? Many folks seem to have problems with the "2" and low resistance coil. The "1" with OEM coil works fine with the ESA.

Thanks bob I will look into th

Thanks bob I will look into that.
What damages could be caused by running without the esa working
Thanks
AH

Iam not sure what ignitor kit

Iam not sure what ignitor kit i will look when i get to my boat but i am using the original coil that was on the boat. I will check and post later
Thanks

"Without a working ESA you are

"Without a working ESA you are going to find it very to come out of gear into neutral, in fact some times you may find you overshoot neutral and go right into the opposite gear, not good for the gears, dog clutch, shift cable, shifter and your arm
happy.gif
"

Hello Bob I bought the unit yo

Hello Bob I bought the unit you recommended but the connections are different than mine on my esa could it be the wrong part or did the connections get an update and i have to splice them together

What year and size is your eng

What year and size is your engine? When you ordered it from marineengine.com was your ESA PN listed in there as being a replacement for it? What kind of connections do you have a 2 and a 4 pin plug or just a 5 pin plug?

it is a 1984 omc .305 chev wit

it is a 1984 omc .305 chev with a 800 series bottom end. I will go to the boat later and check the pin configuration
Thanks

Hello Bob the part number on m

Hello Bob the part number on my module is 982 749 which the one I ordered is the replacement for But the one I got from ME has a four pin but it is three across one under neath mine on the boat is a four pin but in a crescent shape
Thanks

Do the colors match 2 black an

Do the colors match 2 black and 2 blue? You can pull those wires out of the connector and put them back into yours if it's differently shaped.

OK then you can pull the new c

OK then you can pull the new connector off the new ESA and put your plug on from the old ESA so it will match up with the one on the boat. Use a good pair of needle nose to reach in and pull them out.

Back